Tuesday, January 21, 2020
Due to the enforced health and safety regulations, all EXHIBIT MATERIALS (booth structure, decor, giveaways, literature, etc.) must be moved into your booth on Tuesday, January 21, 2020 or you risk forfeiting your Trade Show booth space.
It is the responsibility of every exhibitor to ensure that booth set up/tear down staff have proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
CSA-APPROVED SAFETY SHOES are mandatory for exhibit set up.
2020 Move-In Plan – Available mid-January 2020
In order to organize a smooth move in, HRPA and GES will draw up a move-in schedule based on the final requirements of the Trade Show. All move in takes place between Noon and 6pm on Tuesday, January 21, 2020.
- Note: Staggered move-in times are assigned to assist with a smooth trade show move in. Not moving in at the assigned time could result in additional delays and possible charges to the exhibitor.
Move-In Times — Move-In Schedule
- All exhibitors will be notified in mid-January with a move-in schedule.
New Fast Track Move-in System
In partnership with HRPA 2020 and Voyage Control, the MTCC is offering you an opportunity to skip the drive to the Marshalling Yard and book a move-in time through the MTCC’s online portal. Click here to view the Voyage Control Flyer for details.
Move-in and Move-out Procedures
- Exhibitors with “hand carry” items who do not need to utilize the marshalling yard or loading dock are permitted to personally carry goods to their booth via a main entrance to Hall E. However, these items are defined as being able to be carried in one hand, or under one arm. Two wheel dollies and hand carts are forbidden through the street entrance. Exhibitors must adhere to move-in and move-out schedules. No dollies are permitted on elevators or escalators.
- Please note: Service Elevators will facilitate and expedite the move in and move-out process by having direct access to the south parking lot to Hall E for hand carry items. All four-wheeled dollies, pallet jacks or oversized loads can be used with the service elevators.
Passenger elevators and escalators ARE NOT TO BE USED for transporting freight or equipment from level to level. This includes chairs, tables, etc.
Please note: Loading and unloading of materials via Front Street, Internal Street or Bremner Boulevard is prohibited. All material must be delivered and/or received through the designated loading areas.
- Exhibitors are not permitted to offload, or load personal vehicles at the parking garage entrance to the MTCC. Pedestrian access must be safely maintained at all times.
- All vehicles that need to use the docks must first report to the Vehicle Marshalling Yard located at 100/120 Cherry Street, Toronto. The Yard will be open one hour before move-in and move-out times. All exhibitors must strictly adhere to their scheduled move-in and move-out times. Vehicles will be ushered from the Marshalling Yard to the docks at the MTCC by staff.
- HRPA is offering complimentary material handling for freight entering the HRPA show floor via the loading dock for all Exhibitors.
- There will be NO equipment available to be used or rented at the show.
- Exhibit halls, loading dock areas and “back of the house” service areas are considered hazardous work areas. There shall be no drinking of alcoholic beverages, no horseplay and any unsafe conditions or activities. As per the Ministry of Labour, children under 16 years of age are NOT permitted on the show floor during move in or move out. Please also note, that as per the Ministry of Labour, Proper Protective Equipment is required to be worn while all tear down and move out activity is taking place. Protective footwear must be worn during move in and move out.
- All materials must be removed from the MTCC by 8 pm on Friday, January 24, 2020. HRPA reserves the right to have materials left on the trade show floor after this deadline removed at the exhibitor’s expense. If forced removal of exhibitor materials is necessary, materials will be removed from the floor by shoe services contractor and delivered to their warehouse. The exhibitor will be contacted to make arrangements for pick-up or delivery. The above mentioned handling of materials will be charged directly to the exhibitor.
Vehicle Marshalling Yard
100/120 Cherry Street, Toronto, ON
To assist you in the installation and striking of your event, we provide a truck marshalling yard free of charge.
- Located 3.8 km from the Convention Centre
- Attendant will assign delivery orders based on show management
- Loading docks
- Drive-on floor capacity of 1,000 lbs./sq. ft.
Thursday, January 23, 2020
- Move-out time: 5:00 pm.
- Exhibitors may go to the marshalling yard when packed and ready. Vehicles will be called up to loading docks as they arrive.
The Exhibitor Support Centre will be open on Thursday, January 23, 2020 for your assistance.
Friday, January 24, 2020
- Exhibitors may move out anytime on Friday through the loading docks in Hall E
- All materials must be removed from the MTCC Hall E on Friday, January 24th by 8pm