Which hotels have a special rate for Trade Show exhibitors?
Visit our hotel section to find out cut-off dates and links to our host hotels offering preferred rates for HRPA Conference & Trade show attendees.
How do I change my profile on the conference site’s Exhibitor listings?
The Exhibitor listings on the conference site contain information that is automatically pulled from your Exhibitor Registration. To update any of the information in your profile, please click here to log in.
What do I need to log on to the HRPA2020 app?
- In order to log on to the HRPA2020 app you will first need to register for your Exhibitor passes. The link to register for your passes should be sent to you December 11th, 2019 (or shortly thereafter if you have just registered).
- Note: this year, unique names and emails must be used for every pass. Please register your booth staff for their passes using their name and email (these can be changed later if necessary).
- Once you’ve registered for your passes, please visit our app page and follow the app download & sign-up directions to log on using the same name and email address you used to register for your pass.
- Don’t forget to fill out your personal profile on the app and include your company name and role. This is the information attendees will need connect with you via the app to schedule a meeting or demo or to exchange contact information with you in advance of the trade show.
I was told that I can’t access the app because I’m not registered at Registration, but I’ve already registered my booth. What should I do?
Exhibitors have two separate registration areas: one is for your Exhibitor Booth and the other is for the staff who will be representing your booth during the Trade Show. These are accessed through separate logins.
Exhibitor Booth Registration is where you enter information about your Company and Booth
- Exhibitor Booth Registration is accessed through the Exhibitor Portal (located online here). This is where you register for your Exhibitor booth and update your Exhibitor Profile (details on your company, your booth and/or anything else you’d like Trade Show attendees to know).
- Any changes you make through the portal are reflected in your Exhibitor Profile which is reflected in your Exhibitor listing.
Registration is where you enter information about any People involved in the Trade Show representing your booth
- Registration is accessed through a link that is sent to the person who registered your Exhibitor Booth – this link is sent out via email in mid-December through our central Registration. This is where you register the names and email addresses for any staff that will be representing your booth so they can get an exhibitor badge.
- Since Registration is connected to the HRPA2020 app, the name and email addresses associated with any booth staff at Registration become their login for the app. Once you have registered at Registration for your pass, you can log into the app and complete your Individual Profile which will allow attendees to find and connect with you via the app to exchange contact information, schedule a demo or arrange a meeting.
The name and email you use to log on to the Exhibitor Portal is not connected to your app or our main Registration; you will not be able to update your Individual profile on the app through the Exhibitor Portal and vice versa, you will not be able to update your Exhibitor profile through Registration or the app.
What’s included with my booth?(10’ x 10’s and larger)
- Complimentary listing on the HRPA Conference website via the Real Time Floor Plan
- Inclusion in online exhibitor list, viewed by company name & booth number, in the mobile app and on conference website
- 24-hour peripheral security
- 8 feet-high back drapes
- 3 feet-high side drapes
- Company name and booth number listed in the digital Conference Program
- A private Exhibitor’s Lounge during exhibit hours
- 60% off full conference registration fee for all exhibiting employees (max. 4 per booth), inquire for special code
- Complimentary guest registrations for Trade Show Only Attendees ($75 value) – an editable email invitation for you to personalize your invitation
- An attractive show entrance with aisle carpet throughout the Exhibit Hall
- Exhibitor Support Centre services
- Company identification sign hanging on the back drape of your booth
- One conference tote bag per exhibit space
- Complimentary continental breakfast both days an hour before the trade show opens to attendees
- Web Buttons for your website and email signature letting your customers know you are participating in the 2020 Annual Conference
- Visibility on the HRPA Conference website using #HRPAAC
- Personal assistance with booth selection and marketing ideas for maximizing booth traffic
- Year round customer service from application through post-conference
What’s not included with my booth?
- Booth Carpet is MANDATORY
- electrical outlets
- audio visual equipment
- audio visual technical support
- internet access
- janitorial services
- booth set-up
- lead retrieval
How many badges do I get with my booth? What’s included with them?
Booth Badges: You receive five exhibitor booth staff badges included in your 10’ x 10’ booth; Ten badges with your 10’ x 20’ booth; Fifteen badges with your 10’ x 30’ booth; and Twenty badges with your 20’ x 20’ booth.
These booth staff badges do not grant access to the full conference. They grant access to:
- Complimentary continental breakfast both days of the trade show, just inside the entrance to the Hall (Hall E). This breakfast is available from 8:30AM – 9:15AM and then the remaining food (should there be any) is moved to the Exhibitor Lounge afterwards.
- We have an exciting conference planned for our Exhibitors & Delegates on Wednesday. Exhibitors are invited to Wednesday’s Closing Keynote – Coach Mike Bayer “Best Self: The Freedom When You Know the Difference”
- Our full conference passes are $1,970+hst. As an exhibitor you can take advantage of 60% off for up to four employees or guests. With the discount, your rate is $788+hst. You can share this badge (however only one name can be on the badge).
- You receive unlimited complimentary trade show only passes which are valued at $40 each.
Inquire with Melissa McQuillan for your unique code for both of the above passes.
Is there a list of conference attendees I can have?
The attendees who have agreed to share their contact details with exhibitors pre-conference may not be the same ones who pass by your booth.
It is best to try to capture leads as many ways as possible to ensure a successful event.
- Pre-Show List
- Lead Retrieval Rental
- In-Booth Contest with ballot box for business cards
- Inviting your own leads, prospects and clients to the event (you receive unlimited trade show only passes for your guests, and they are valued at $40). Please inquire with Melissa McQuillan for your editable invitation letter and your code.
Where do I find the booking code for scheduling my move-in through Voyage Control?
Please have a look at the 2020 Move In Plan Map located in the Move In/Move Out Procedures here
How do I rent electrical? Table & chairs? Internet? Carpet? Parking passes?
Please see the Online Exhibitor Kit. You will find everything you need to know about exhibiting here; reference the Order Forms from Show Suppliers area to order.
How much marketing material should I bring to the show?
We suggest that you have 500 pieces of marketing collateral/business cards on hand.
If you have a higher quality item or experience in your space we suggest to plan for 750.
How do I promote my contest on the app?
Are you holding a contest or draw during the HRPA2020 Conference & Trade Show that you’d like to promote to HRPA2020 attendees? Promote it through our new contests & draws app feature! Details on how to submit your contest are available here.
It’s mentioned that protective footwear must be worn during move-in and move out. Is that a mandatory or recommendation?
In regards to Proper Protective Footwear (PPE) and the policy which is per the Ontario Ministry of Labour, anything can happen on the show floor during move-in and out and therefore it is best to educate exhibitors of the necessary precautions to take and advise them of the Ontario Ministry of Labour policy. I can only do my due diligence to advise you and Show Management of this and in turn recommend that Show Management due their due diligence to advise exhibitors. What an individual chooses to do is beyond all of our control but should the Ministry of Labour show up on-site during the move-in and move-out to do an inspection they can hand out fines as they see fit and investigate to determine if this information was properly communicated.
Hard hats: Hard hats are required when ceiling work is being completed (ie rigging, banner hanging, any sort of truss work etc). Should an exhibitor or crew from a display house or show management be required to work in the direct vicinity while ceiling treatment is being installed or dismantled then a hard hat is required. If these individuals are not required to work in the immediate vicinity while installation or dismantling occurs then a hard hat is not required.
Safety shoes: Steel toed shoes or safety shoes which are CSA approved are the bare requirement that the Ministry of Labour requires. Again it is a common sense safe working practice. During installation and dismantling of exhibits the potential for accidents to occur can be high. Once carpet has been spotted or laid and forklift activity is complete on the show floor then safety shoes are not required.
High Visibility Safety Vests: As a new safety measure during move in and move out while forklifts are operational on the show floor on the show floor, MTCC staff and internal contractors are required to wear safety vests as part of PPE. This is certainly not a requirement for show management and exhibitors but wanted you to be aware should you wish to also increase the awareness and level of safety on your show floor with exhibitors.
Gloves and protective eyewear are not mandatory but should be a common sense safe working practice that based on what an individual is doing.